Front Range Veterinary Clinic is thrilled to participate in various clinical trials. We take pride in being able to offer data and help our pets’ future generations. Clinical trials are research studies devoted to discovering new or promising therapies for naturally occurring diseases. They can offer cutting-edge treatment, often for free or with an incentive, to the owner. Trials are scientific research designed to answer specific clinical questions, including whether the new experimental treatment has a therapeutic effect on the pet’s disease, whether the new or experimental treatment is better than the current standard therapy and whether the procedure or treatment is well tolerated.
We are currently screening for the following trials. Please feel free to call us for more detailed criteria.
Canine Hypothyroid Study - Is your dog more tired than usual, experiencing weight gain, moving slowly, or have skin or hair abnormalities? If you answered yes to any of these conditions, your dog may have hypothyroidism, and he or she may qualify for free testing and treatment through a clinical trial.
Canine Sedation Study - Does your dog get anxious while having his or her nails trimmed or ears cleaned? Do you have a dog that needs x-rays and would benefit from sedation? Owners of friendly but nervous dogs are encouraged to call about our sedation study. A $125 credit and free nail trims and/or ear cleanings are available for all qualified candidates!
Canine Dermatitis Study - Do you have an itchy dog? We are currently recruiting patients for a clinical study to evaluate a new medication for use in dogs with allergic dermatitis.
• Dogs must be at least 7 months of age.
• Dogs cannot currently be receiving any long-acting treatments for itching or allergies.
• You must agree to bring your dog for 3 exams over a 14 day period.
• Qualified dogs will receive a complete physical exam (including blood work and urinalysis) and study medication at no cost to you.
• Upon completion, you will receive a clinic credit which can be used on future (non-study related) visits or purchases.